Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's too damn cold

   I used to like the cold. Not so much anymore. I remember when I was little, when it would get cold as it is now during the day, it snowed, every time. Not always a lot, but it snowed every single time. This is the first years in forever that's actually snowed, and stuck, but it's been twice now, and it's just damn cold. I just came in from smoking, had one cigarette, and my hands and feet were numb.

This past summer I wished it was winter, and now that it is, I wish it was summer.But, I wasn't on hormones either. I think I read somewhere that they lower your metabolism, but the way I'm freezing this year, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.


Since it's so cold, I've been thinking about starting to read some again. I have the whole Foundation series written by Isaac Asimov, and have read it multiple times. If you haven't read any of it, I suggest getting the books and reading them. I guess I could give a quick summary of them. The whole series covers multiple centuries, thousands of years into the future. The whole series has subject matter of a science, psycohistory, invented by Harri Seldon, which he and his foundation use it almost like fortune telling, but for real. He sees the fall of the Galactic Empire, the rise of the Mule, and other things. The books take you around the galaxy, through many planets, with many people. In the end, Earth is found again.

Very worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment